1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Whatsoever ye would that others should do unto you, do ye also unto them.”
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
Center of Enlightenment
The objects of the organized movement of Spiritualism may be stated in part as follows:
To teach the truths and principles expressed in the Declaration of Principles and in the Definitions of “Spiritualism,” “Spiritualist,” “Medium,” and “Spiritualist Healer” as adopted by the National Spiritualist Association of Churches;
To teach and proclaim the Science, Philosophy, and Religion of Modern Spiritualism;
To encourage lectures on all subjects pertaining to the spiritual and secular welfare of humanity;
To protest against every attempt to compel humanity to worship God in any particular or prescribed manner;
To advocate and promote spiritual healing, and to protect and encourage Spiritualist teachers and mediums in all laudable efforts in giving evidence of proof to humanity of a continued intercourse and relationship between the living and the so-called dead;
To encourage every person in holding present beliefs always open to restatement as growing thought and investigation reveal understanding of new truths, thereby leaving every individual free to follow the dictates of reason and conscience in spiritual as in secular affairs.
for your spiritual upliftment
As the sunflower turns its face toward the light of the sun,
so Spiritualism turns the face of humanity toward the
light of truth.
The Center of Enlightenment is committed to lives of unconditional love, excellence, integrity, and healing.
People of all faiths can find common spirituality with the Philosophy, Science, and Religion of Spiritualism.
We are dedicated to:
Spiritualism is the Science, Philosophy, and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World. (1919)
Spiritualism Is a Science because it investigates, analyzes, and classifies facts and manifestations demonstrated from the spirit side of life.
Spiritualism Is a Philosophy because it studies the Laws of Nature both on the seen and unseen sides of life and bases its conclusions upon present observed facts. It accepts statements of observed facts of past ages and conclusions drawn therefrom, when sustained by reason and by results of observed facts of the present day.
Spiritualism Is a Religion because it strives to understand and to comply with the Physical, Mental and Spiritual Laws of Nature, which are the laws of God.
A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between this and the Spirit World by means of mediumship and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communication. (1914, Rev. 1938)
A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the spirit world and through whose instrumentality, intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism. (1914)
A Spiritualist Healer is one who, either through one’s own inherent powers or through mediumship, is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions. (1930, 1993)
The Phenomena of Spiritualism consists of Prophecy, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Gift of Tongues, Laying on of Hands, Healing, Visions, Trance, Apports, Levitation, Raps, Automatic and Independent Writings and Paintings, Voice, Materialization, Photography, Psychometry and any other manifestation proving the continuity of life as demonstrated through the Physical and Spiritual senses and faculties of man. (1950)